How can you make someone’s day? Many can relate to having an off day or days where their schedule is so packed that a loving gesture or helping hand from a colleague, friend or loved one can mean the world to them.
Sometimes, without wanting it to, such days may even affect your relationship or friendship. In these times, a random act of kindness is what can make a difference to the receiver and often also cheer up the giver.
So here are 10 easy suggestions to make someone’s day a little bit brighter:
- Offer them a helping hand.
- Take some time out of your day to sit down with them and check in with them.
- Send them a loving and/or encouraging text message.
- Remind them of how awesome they are.
- Help them complete a task or offer to complete it for them.
- Send them a thank you note.
- Surprise them with a small present.
- Hold the door open for them.
- Compliment them.
- Bring them their favourite snack or drink.
As every situation is different and every person will appreciate something different, adapt them where needed.